SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
soonergrandmom

Storms, storms, and more storms!

soonergrandmom
13 years ago

Will they never end? My computer screen is multi-colored with Tornado Warnings, Severe T-Storms, and Tornado Watches, and the weather radios have been crazy. We are still in the Tornado Watch area although I don't see any storms on radar that look like they will come our way. The first really rough ones looked like they were traveling the toll road from Tulsa to Joplin. They were close enough that the thunder was just non-stop for awhile with the addition of some lightening and really close thunder bumbers but just a sprinkle of rain. That storm was west and north of us. Then there was an opening in the storm and the next cells went a little more east than the first, and hit the south end of my county. Unless it changes direction, I think we dodged the bullet today.

Of course, everytime I look at radar I can see more storms coming up from Texas. I think this could get really nasty before its over.

The amazing thing is that it appears to be bringing very little rain. Aren't thunderstorms supposed to include rain?

Comments (15)