SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rockthief

Neighbor used herbicide on many of my collected plants

rockthief
15 years ago

I don't know where to post this. So here it will be. I have a very unstable neighbor. He does anything he wants to, always when we are not around. Now he has sprayed herbicide on many of my plants which I have nurtured for years. They are along the border of each property. He knew they were mine. He knows that I am a serious gardener. All he cares about is cutting down trees and planting grass.

I noticed a mature Japanese maple, many nandina, acuba, Carolina jessamine, juniper, a huge lorapetalum and some other mature plants all began to yellow and die out at the same time. How can anyone be so stupid? Like he knew I wouldn't figure it out? I can see a pattern of where he sprayed several, because it came from the direction of his property. He had to aim at the plants directly to hit them like this.

I spoke to his wife, as I will not speak to him. He retaliates if you tell him he did anything wrong. Shall I make a police report? I know he will do other deeds in the future. This is how he is. We are afraid to leave on vacations, etc., because he sees us leave and always does something. We have an HOA. They have had to cite him for clearing and cutting on their property.

I am a wreck. I should not have to live like this. I've been in this home for 20 yrs. We have a gorgeous collection of many plants, trees, shrubs, etc. (Once he emptied out 6 BAGS of Dursban on his grass, after he bragged that he had it in his garage. My husband is an environmental engineer. We got sick from the fumes. It was awful.

I took photos of everything. It is going to be lots of work for me that I don't feel like doing. Should I call someone at NCSU (I live in Raleigh NC area) to find out about getting plants tested to prove what killed them? I don't know what to do. I know there are laws regarding uses of herbicides and pesticides.

PLEASE, someone tell me where to start. I am due for surgery (major) in three weeks. This is bothering me til I am depressed. Thank you.

Comments (23)

Sponsored