SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nat_lia

Neighbors watering my plants without permission

nat_lia
10 years ago

We live in apartment, our landlord is very kind and built two of his tenants who ask for a permission a raised flower bed. I'm one of them and have my own raise bed for almost 4 years without having any problems. I can leave my pots of succulents (about 30 pots of Crassula ovata: hummel's sunset, gollum, hobbit, tricolor, small- leave jades, echeverias, haworthias, gasterias, aloes, etc) outside. They are my babies that I care- love so much. They are in gritty mix and I bring them in when we have heavy storms/rains for days or frost.

For this growing season, I planted 6 hot peppers, 2 sweet peppers, 2 tomatoes I started from seeds. They were not doing well and just recovered from slugs attack. I spread out crush egg shells, set up beer OR yeast mix bait every evening, hand collecting slugs every morning (with a skewer), watering early morning. My peppers are recovering and everything is doing really well until.....two of my neighbors built 2 raised beds about a month ago. They built their raised beds without any permission from our landlord. They water everything (not just their raised beds) but including another raise bed and mine!!

I've been trying to let my pots of succulents soil dry with no watering at all since our heavy rains two weeks ago. I was wondering why my succulents are always moist when we have no rain. My peppers are all wet in the evening while I water them in the morning??Just found out today from a lady who own another raised bed that our neighbors (who built 2 raised bed) doing a favor to water my plants and hers. They water their plants every two days I believe.

I'm so mad, we are expecting storm-rain for 2 days. I'm bring my succulents in this morning, I hope they are fine. Some of my cuttings (no roots yet); Pachyveria Oviferum Roseum/ Pink moonstone, echeveria cuttings didn't make it. I have to take out my Haworthia mirabilis paradoxa, H. cymbiformis, Aloe brevifolia, black gem that I just repotted from the wet mix. I left a sign: Please, Don't Water! on my raised bed and planning to thank you and talk with these guys. I know they are trying to help me but it's not hurt to always ask first before offering any helps. I'm just so sad and mad at the same time. Thanks for reading my post.

Natalia

Comments (8)