SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
varmint_gw

My Neo collection and new acquisition

varmint
17 years ago

Hi All,

A few weeks ago we were talking about neos a lot on the discussions side. I thought it would be nice to show off my small collection. After years of collecting neofinetia hybrids and one true neo, I started to acquire more. I don't have luck blooming them, but the shapes and sizes and variations are so amazing that I am hooked!

I have been on an orchid diet all year so that I could justify buying one large variegated specimin last weekend at the Santa Barbara orchid fair from visiting vendor Orchids Ltd. I was told they were growing this plant for two years after they acquired it. It's hard to tell from the picture but it has 10 growths and 5 flower spikes.

Neofinetia Falcata, 'Gekkeikan':

Close up of the diminuative flowers:

This was our first neofinetia falcata. It is much larger than any plant I own although it is only one growth which blooms like clock work every summer:

Neofinetia falcata, White Tara x Crystal Palace:

The plant is large and so are the flowers. It's hard to tell but they are almost twice the size of the flowers on the Gekkeikan above:

This is my pine needle leaf neo:

Neofinetia falcata, 'Chousentetsu'

This is my bean leaf neo:

Neofinetia Falcata, 'Tamakongo'

This one is my favorite. It has tiger markings:

Neofinetia falcata, 'setsuzan'

If any one else grows neos and wants to add their pictures to this thread, please do. I would love to see what everyone else is growing whether your plants are flowering or not.

Take care and I hope you enjoyed seeing my little collection,

Mimi

Comments (20)