SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

Salad mix seed packets

christie_sw_mo
15 years ago

I checked out the seeds at Lowe's this week. They had four or five different salad mix and lettuce mix seed packets. I've never grown lettuce so I don't know if getting a mix was a good idea but they just looked so healthy. lol

I bought two packets. One says Mesclun Sweet Salad Mix and contains Bull's Blood Beet, Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach, Red Salad Bowl Lettuce, Black Seeded Simpson Lettuce and Tendergreen Mustard.

The other packet says All Season Butterhead Mix and contains six kinds of lettuce: Four Seasons, Arctic King, Bibb, Buttercrunch, Matchless and North Pole.

I don't know a thing about growing lettuce or other greens, so tips are welcome. I was thinking about trying some of it in a container on my balcony. It would take the slugs and cut worms a little longer to find it there I hope. Actually, I don't know what the more common pests are in our area but when I grew Kohlrabi last spring, something fed on the leaves fairly heavily.

I'm really not set up to start seeds indoors so I need tips on when and how to start them outside.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES