SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
freezetag

Cultivar recommendation for earlier green-up

freezetag
15 years ago

This is a tough time of year to be organic, since some of our chemical-program neighbors already have very green lawns, and ours is a weak light green.

It always greens up, but very late in the spring, and because we didn't apply much fertilizer last fall, it will likely be even later than usual this year.

Our grass is mostly KBG, not sure what kind. We have overseeded with Midnight KBG a couple of times, because it is supposed to be dark green and aggressive, but although our lawn seems thicker, it's not really any darker. We have a 4 kids and a new puppy, and I am wondering whether we could overseed with some type of TTTF - maybe it would stand a better chance of establishing itself in our lawn. I know in the past people have said that it doesn't blend well, but I thought there were new cultivars that did blend with KBG. Has anyone tried this and been pleased with the results?

No hurry - dh put down CGM last week. Just wanted to ask now while it is on my mind, because next fall, when our grass is nice and dark, I probably won't remember!

Comments (8)

Sponsored