SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dasheriprock

80/20 Of Organic Lawn Care (Illinois)

dasheriprock
12 years ago

Ok, I�m located just west of Chicago. I just moved into this house last year so last summer I hadn�t done anything to it. And because the house was vacant for about 18 months prior, I�m guessing that nothing has probably been done for a few years.

I�m very interested in doing the 80/20 of organic lawn care to get my feet wet. I have 3 kids under the age of 3, so my time is kinda limited. I noticed I have a feed store that is not too far away and they list on their website the following "Ludwig's Feed Store has many fertilizer options for you. From crabicides and weed & feeds to 12-12-12 and turf foods. Most products are available in 50 lb. bags that cover 10,000sq.ft. to 12,500sq.ft. Organic fertilizers from Dr. Earth and Bradfield Organics are also available."

So given this, I�m guessing that maybe a bagged option is my easiest option to get started? When should I just buy Bradfield Organic fertilizer and call it a day? How about overseeding my lawn? Watering in spring/summer?

I�m sure that a lot of these questions have been answered, but I don�t follow the FAQs. Maybe it�s because I�m a newbie with no experience so not really sure what�s available.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County