SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

HSG Seed packets all arrive

User
11 years ago

The mail arrived with some small envelopes containing many surprises. Three envelopes with a lot more seed varieties than I in my wildest dreams ever expected.

Besides the 'Dorothy Benedict' OS seeds I won, BlackHawk Giboshi included some streaked mix seeds for the heck of it. That second pack of seeds sounds full.

Trudy Van Wyk included seeds of
Dorothy Benedict OS
Redneck Heaven x OP,
Dorothy Benedict F2 #2 streaked seedling x OP
Gone Fishin' OP
Sugar Daddy streak seedling
SkyLight x OP

Then the last envelope contained a plastic ziploc bag of
WokStar from HostaAmour.com.....there were more seeds in it than stated in the HSG description, and they were all jumping around like jumping beans from the static electricity of the baggie. Whoa, I hope they grow up to be that lively.

Looking at these seed packets, I understand a wee bit better that my seeds harvested this fall looked like the real thing too. Of course, mine may not be viable due to the heat, which is a factor according to one of the AHS online journal articles. Wish I'd made a note of which it was.

These seed packets are headed for the freezer until after Christmas I think, then I'll be ready to start them.

Is anyone else ready to begin hosta seeds? My DH always starts his veggie garden early from seed, but I depended on buying young plants, and continued doing that when I discovered hosta. Now, I'm seeing such great potential for growing something NEW. Green or streaked or variegated, who knows what will "come up?"

I thank all the HSG folks for being so generous.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH