SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mosswitch

i want i want!

mosswitch
12 years ago

My favorite is the Warty Slug Eater! But I want all of these! Now, to win the lottery..........

Comments (8)

• mosswitch
    Original Author
    12 years ago

oops, forgot to put in the link!

Here is a link that might be useful: David Goode bronzes

• User
    12 years ago

Mosswitch, I agree about the Warty Snailmuncher. But quite interesting sculptures every one.

If you are into garden art, I really really recommend the folks at the link below, Little and Lewis, from Bainbridge Island, WA. I feel very privileged to own one of their small works, a white dove, but I yearn for a giant gunnera or hosta leaf. I first encountered them in a book by Debra Prinzing, also from the Pacific Northwest, and then again found them mentioned over on the Hypertufa Forum at GWeb here. I bet you will enjoy the things they make and the way they work them into their gardens.

Enjoy. Thanks for the exotic link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Art by Little and Lewis

• kskaren
    12 years ago

Oh my, mosswitch! I cannot believe how amazing this artist is--the expressions on their faces and how their personalities spill out is unbelievable! None of the stuff was priced, but I'm with you...if I won the lottery, I'd definitely become a collector of his work, no matter the price!

But since I don't play the lottery, that isn't likely to happen...sigh....
    Karen

• mosswitch
    Original Author
    12 years ago

They are priced in pounds-I dont know what the exchange rate is these days, but I noticed a price or two in the 4500 price range. Even if it were dollars that would be WAY out of my range! But I love them all, what an amazing talent!

• in ny zone5
    12 years ago

$4,500, WOW! What would it be : 300 new hostas @$15 each, or one of those art pieces?

• mosswitch
    Original Author
    12 years ago

As of today, the exchange rate from British pounds to US dollars is 1 GBP = $1.5699. Warty slug Eater is 12,500 GBP. Which makes him nearly $19,623.75. Plus shipping. He's 32" tall, bronze, limited edition of 175. Guess if I could afford him, I could afford that many new hostas, too! Sigh.

Going to buy a lottery ticket.

Sandy

• bkay2000
    12 years ago

It's hard to choose a favorite....maybe comfort food. I like the humor.

Thanks for the link.

bkay

• hostaholic2 z 4, MN
    12 years ago

I loved both sites. I have to go with Warty Slugeater as well. I just know he would like to come and live in my yard and he would be warmly welcomed too.

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH