SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southerngardenchick

thoughts on cabbage?

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. I'm sorry I haven't been online here lately, things have been so busy! The only reason I have time for this today is because me and my youngest both have the flu, lol. HAVE to stay still today... gosh durn it. (We will be fine, just cruddy today.)

Well, I got my first order from Baker's yesterday, just in time for Earth Day. I ordered the Yellow Monster pepper and Harlequin marigolds, and "How To Grow More Vegetables" (good DETAILED book). For my free gift, they sent me some cabbage seeds! Premium Late Flat Dutch, with a pic on the packet of a little boy holding a HUGE head of cabbage. NOW, I wasn't going to try growing cabbage... it's so cheap at the grocery store. But I can't NOT try to grow them now, can I? (lol) I figure I'm too late for this year, but I've got four seeds planted just to experiment.

Does cabbage grow better during the spring or fall for us southern gardeners?

What are the main problems with growing cabbage? Am I going to have to buy anything special to help it grow or keep pests off them?

What are the ways to store cabbage? Will I be making a bunch o' kraut if I have alot grow?

Thanks alot you guys!

p.s. Hey Diane! I'm glad your husband made it home okay! I did see your blog, just got busy and didn't comment, sorry! :)

Beth

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville