SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robyn_tx

Starting Over - Again!

robyn_tx
11 years ago

I'm starting over - again - establishing an organic environment for my lawn and perennial beds. My home is leased and seemingly generations of previous renters didn't do a darn thing to take care of the lawn. So I inherited endemic weeds, terribly weak sod and brown patch on SA turf grass. Without a doubt, the worst leased home lawn I've ever inherited. Niiiiice.

I'm up for the challenge! Fortunately, the native soil is decent and my home is over 80 years old, so I don't have the problems of crud thrown into the topsoil during new home construction. Plus I've got a good number of earthworms per sq ft to start with ... not bad for a neglected city lot, but the sod still looks like ... well, I should be respectful of this site and not say what I really think. :)

Wish me luck! My neighbor, who is a chemical and watering addict (God love him but it's the truth), took some interest in my alfalfa tossing this past weekend. Maybe I can be persuasive to bring him along for the ride and we can create a 2-lawn organic mecca! Grin

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County