SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rookiegardener29

My First Garden

rookiegardener29
15 years ago

I hope this works. I took everyone's advice and got a photobucket account. Here are the pictures of the beginning stages of my first garden. I actually have a few things in the ground now but I have not taken pictures of them yet. I currently have 2 tomato plants (black cherry and a roma), 15-18 stocks of corn, brussel sprouts(which are doing great) butterhead lettuce and romaine lettuce. Everything else is still in pots. I baby them all. I have 9 trays of assorted veggies going. I'm just waiting for a nice day.

Notice the picture of the untouched ground (the pic with the 2 Mulberry trees) Well, I hate Mulberry trees. They are just so messy. Its hard to keep the dogs out. I plan to cut them down. I have offered them to everyone I know. If you want them you can come and dig them up! Otherwise they are getting cut down. I plan to make a U-shape flower bed in that cul-de-sac area. I want to put my swing in the middle of it. So that I can sit and enjoy my garden. That area doesn't get hardly any sun at all except 11am to 1pm. Any suggestions on pretty flowers that do not require much sun? FYI Those poppies were so beautiful. The purple and red are my favorite. How would poppies do in that area?

Thanks and enjoy My First Garden!

Kristy

http://photobucket.com/rookiegardener29

Comments (32)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting