SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
merryheart_gw

Some of you might like this.....

merryheart
17 years ago

I am sure this not the appropriate place to post this but I am just learning how to do this. I thought some of you might enjoy this story.

Last summer DH and I spent a month at Port Aransas, Texas at a beach RV resort park. We had our 5th wheel parked right across from a large swimming pool.

One morning I got up before 6 (before sunrise) and went outside since DH was still sleeping. I was sitting outside drinking my coffee when what a sight I saw!

A large raccoon came from around behind the bath house and it went to the pool. It walked right into the area of the pool which had a gradual slope into it like a beach. It took a bath then went straight to one of the lounge chairs, got up on it and lay there drying himself and grooming for a long time. It was hysterical!!!

I ran into the trailer and got my camera so I could take pics. One of the park hosts was there cleaning the bath house so I waited for him to come out and showed the coon to him, as we stood watching it and laughing I heard DH coming out of the trailer so I told him to come over and see. I took pics of it sitting and laying in the lounge chair. He had a small audience of myself, DH, park host, and a couple who happened to be walking their dogs and stopped to watch him. It didn't bother him one bit! He just kept on grooming.

They called animal control and a trap was set for him but DH and I watched the next morning to see if he was caught. As DH and I stood talking to the animal control guy we all saw the coon coming from behind the bath house again that morning. And even with the three of us there he still went right to the pool. The animal control guy checked his trap and all the dog biscuits had been taken without tripping the trap. LOL. That was one smart old coon and I knew they were going to have trouble catching that one. They planned to take him over to one of the islands and release him but he seemed to like it fine just where he was.

I was to see him several more times in the early mornings taking his baths while we were there.

This is one of my most unusual wild life stories so just thought I would share it with all you nature lovers.

G.M.

Here is a link that might be useful: Luxury loving racoon

Comments (4)