SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Signs of Spring Here

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
11 years ago

Yesterday and today I noticed that some of the trees are leafing out. While fruit trees and ornamental trees have been blooming for some time now, this weekend is the first time I've noticed that deciduous trees are leafing out!

Other than that? The Purple Martins are back, we have a lot of moths, butterflies and ladybugs around, daffodils and other early spring bulbs are blooming everywhere, and quite a few of the early wildflowers are in bloom, including henbit, bluets and spring beauties. We have bees out on warm days but I don't really consider that a sign of spring since they come out all winter long on the warm days.

We have seen flocks of geese and ducks flying north, though not yet in huge numbers. We hear woodpeckers drilling i nthe woods, and are seeing more and more migratory birds in addition to the ones that overwinter here.

The mountain cedar has been pollinating for weeks and weeks. It must be finishing up because those of us who are allergic to it are starting to feel better again.

And, of course, there's those unique signs of spring in the rural areas.....spreaders and sprayers in the fields, tractors being driven down the roads and new calves, kids, foals, etc. popping up in the fields.

What signs of spring are y'all seeing where you live?

Comments (14)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals