SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ponce418

this was quite the big weekend, folks!

ponce418
16 years ago

WOW! So much good stuff went on in my little slice of heaven (ie, my yard) this weekend. I almost don't know where to begin.

1st and foremost, as of 7:05 pm yesterday I have a fully fenced in yard. Yup, 'tis true. About a year ago, hubbie & I decided that two dogs leashed in the backyard was NOT working (especially after I sprained my ankle getting tangled in their leashes). So, we decided to fence in our yard. Hubbie HATES the vinyl fence look. He's a purist. So we called a fencing company & requested an estimate. Scalloped, cedar privacy fencing along the property lines. Matching scalloped picket fencing in the side yards. Oh, and an 8 foot privacy gate that'll fit hubbie's sailboat.

One very jaw dropping estimate later (over $22K) we decide to do the project ourselves. Did all the measurements. Read up on all town rules & regs. Talked to our neighbors & got their enthusiastic go ahead (once they saw pics of the fence we wanted to install they were ALL on board). And set to work.

It took so long to install the 1st half of the privacy fence that we ran out of decent weather. So we stained it, planning to finish up this year. Well, we've been digging fence posts, setting posts, etc. etc. off and on every weekend for a month now. And yesterday, we set the last panel. And I jumped around the yard for joy w/ two happy, leash free dogs.

Still need to stain the fence but, hey, I'll take this small victory ANY day of the week! And now, I have the perfect backdrop for my garden beds! Hooray!

In the midst of all that, guess what else happened this weekend?! MY HIBISCUS BLOOMED! Oh my goodness are they beautiful! We were on the last of the panels yesterday and, yes, gettin' alittle cranky when I happened to look up and there they were...in all their glory. That made my day.

A new fence...a blooming hibiscus...life, is good.

Comments (8)