SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
almosthooked

What to do when hostas are going downhill

almosthooked zone5
10 years ago

What is everyone doing or going to be doing once their gardens to sleep?
So far mine is doing okay and no frost but rains have been on and off and other things are taking front stage. Our two apple trees are crazy this year with apples and some the size of baseballs. The larger ones we save and make, apple sauce, pies for freezing and fresh eating. My daughter came home and has half the pickup full of apples and apple juice we are making and canning. So far have 50 gallons of juice made of straight pressed juice. The donkeys get the pulp from what is left and I think we have finally filled them up too. Still have about half a tree to pick and really wondering what to do with the next bunch. If we don't pick them , it brings the bears out of the bush and it seems like such a waste. These are from two trees that grew wild in our field which use to be an old apple orchard many years ago so my husband pruned the, and beautiful organic apple of unknown variety. I prefer to to freeze the juice in ziplock bags but so far have to clean the freezer to find room.
So this is what we have been doing for the last few days. What is everyone else up to in their spare time ?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor