SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amunk01

Need some expertise from the flower department please

10 years ago

Ok, I've started multiple varieties and I need some help from those of you who grow from seed.

#1. I started some impatiens that are just popping up today. Problem is, they are in a roasting pan with only about 1.5" of growing medium. I'm feeling like I may not have thought this through well. How quickly should I transplant them into cells with drainage? If I wait for a set of true leaves, won't the lack of root space be a problem as well?

#2. I purchase Vinca seed and planted on 2-15. Not 1 has come up. Yesterday, I dumped the cell pack with planted seed out on a tray, moistened, covered, and put it on a heat mat under lights after reading a little more. Is it still possible for them to come up? Any other suggestions? This seed was expensive!

#3. Does Linaria normally put up a pretty leggy initial sprout then put on multiple more "heads" from the soil line? How many heads or branches will grow from the main stem? This is a strange little plant.

#4. Just how big does a Lemon Balm plant get? What about Bee Balm?

Ok, I think thats it for now.. Thanks for the feedback! This is my first attempt at any flowers from seed.
Alexis

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022