SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aloha2009

Gardenchloe - I need your expertise on Iceplant

aloha2009
6 years ago

Ever since you posted your picture of purple delosperm I can't get the picture out of my head. I think mine's been in the ground at least 2 years if not 3 and it seems to still be barely holding on. I must confess that when I bought it, it was doing so well that I dissected it to make additional plants. They all died but I still have the mother plant.

Mine only get's watered from the rain (perhaps it need a little more?). I have it in full sun in a a semi rocky area. In a another area that exactly (as exact as 2 garden areas can be) mimics the environment I have hens and chicks scraps I couldn't bear to just toss, thriving. I have flowers like salvia thriving in the amount of rocky soil that it is so I don't think it's too rocky.

The purple delosperm is living but hasn't spread at all and I don't recall ever seeing a flower - if it did it wasn't memorable. I have other iceplant that blooms and spreads slowly but steadily (these are know to grow slower).

What could I do to get this plant growing? If I could get mine to look 1/2 as good as yours and to bloom that long, I'd want it everywhere. I need your expertise!

Comments (11)