SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Limey Lisa, Peanut, Blue Mouse Ears. Feedback?

A local $$$ nursery has an annual 80% fall sale last week of October. I bought a trunk full of hostas last year. EVERYTHING lived, so I watched the calendar and went back for this year. Apparently word has gotten out, though, and pickings were slim. Only quarts left of the unusual varieties (which had retailed for $20 a quart there! Gulp) . Bought everything blue they had, though. Almost everything going dormant.

I believe the above are all miniatures. I have never had any miniatures before. Took the only 2 Blue Mouse Ears, just because I have heard of it. An enthusiast came by, saw them in my cart, and raved about how great it was. Said it grew fast and in no time I would have more.

Now I have to decide where to place these. If they are really little, I want to be able to see them well. I have a heuchera/hosta bed in front, under a mugo pine, that is all contrasting leaf colors. I originally had a number of heuchera with gold / chartreuse colored leaves there. But they all dwindled after a while. I am thinking to substitute the Limey Lisa there. Conditions morning sun til about 11 am. What is the color really like? Saw leaf size is only 2" by 1/2" .

What can you tell me about any of these others? I ran across a reference to Peanut being really just a re-named Lakeside Hosta.

Thanks!

Comments (19)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!