SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arbo_retum

Allen Haskell's - Update

arbo_retum
17 years ago

Stopped at Haskell's last week and thought i'd report, for those of you who haven't been since allen died earlier this year.

I spoke with Felicia, Allen's daughter.Gene stayed on for awhile but resigned in Oct.Just too difficult and too many memories- for him to stay on in the house and continue to work there. He took some much needed time off. Felicia says he looks great now and has started working part time at Avant Gardens in No.Dartmouth.

As to the nursery: I was there on a monday and david haskell, allen's son, was not there and could not be reached for plant i.d.'s or pricing of unpriced items. Felicia is not a knowledgable plant person.I understand that David is but i don't know if he's around much because he works on installations alot.The nursery still looks very well kempt and beautiful. They had a good inventory of new and unusual jap maples, lg and small.their conifers and perennial offerings still include new intros. Basically, for me, on a quick visit, it all seemed to look the same. i DO think that if you have interest in some of the rarer things- that allen propogated himself- you might want to go soon to buy them.

i.e. they might not be there again once the leftover stock is sold.

best, mindy

Comments (10)