SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jel48

'The Bed of the Unknown Hosta' - How many can you ID?

jel48
15 years ago

Photos taken in "The Bed of the Unknown Hosta", on September 6th. The Keweenaw Peninsula in Michigan's UP seems to be a great place to grow hostas. They say this wasn't really a typical summer. It stayed really cool for a long time, then there were a few hot days, and now it's fall. Still, all summer seems to be hosta season. I'm surprised at how good they're still looking. I took these photos early this morning. This bed is made up of 3-4 unknown hostas that were already here when we moved in, plus a seedling or two, and several hostas that had lost or destroyed tags in the confusion of moving twice. I've identified only one hosta since planting them here. I'm missing photos of some of them and will try to add them later, but I'd sure like to have your guesses (educated and otherwise) as to what they are.

Let's make a game of it. You guys ID the hostas. One ID can be verified because I know what one of them is. Let's see how many can guess it, and maybe you can help me ID some of the others in the process. I'll try to add the rest tomorrow.

No need to ID this last one. It's not a hosta (except for the end of a leaf near the top) and it's just here 'cause it's in the bed and I like it :-)

Comments (11)