SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andereggen

Gardenia S.O.S.

andereggen
16 years ago

My hardy gardenia, which I bought about eight years ago, and have enjoyed it flowering profusely every year, even though we moved from Portland, OR to Maple Valley, WA four years ago, is in bad shape. I did transplant it into a bigger pot last year and it kept ion doing well. Then, suddenly, it started to turn ugly bown a couple of months ago. I keep cutting out the bad branches--now there are few left--but it is not recovering. No new leaves--no signs of flowers. Have not changed anthing (feeding, etc.) what is going on? Please help, I would hate to loose this lovely, fragrant plant by my backdoor.

Comments (2)

• dottyinduncan
    16 years ago

You might want to read this past gardenweb thread which has many suggestions for you.http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/calif/2004035908004767.html

• olympiceagle
    16 years ago

We recently heard of hardy gardenias and were interested in them. So on our next trip to a local nursery in Kitsap County, we inquired about them. They had some, but the person there discouraged us from them and steered us to other alternatives, saying that they are not truly hardy as we might expect them to be, at least for this area. We are truly gardening novices, so this is not speaking from experience. Just passing along what we were told. Hopefully others will have more positive information!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting