SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mctavish6

Part 4 - Finishing Up

mctavish6
15 years ago

The final step in this was to paint the cement path. I have to admit I was inspired by a garden I saw in a magazine years ago. It was a compination veg/flower garden in the Arizona or New Mexico. The edges of the planting areas were round rocks. The paths were swept, red clay. It was so different than anything I'd seen. It really stayed with me.

I like before and after pictures. I hope you do too because there are lots of them. The color mellowed a bit but going by the color on the section of the wall we did in 2006 it's holding up pretty well. Now the Before and After begins.

Looking toward the corner.

Looking back from the Corner

{{gwi:659129}}

The next picture shows what this side of the house was like when we moved in. No, gardens, no dining room extension. The tree on the right is the only one we've cut down. The birdbath sits on top of the stump.

And, finally, remember the thread Janice did on looking out the window? This is looking up at the garden from inside the dining room. You can see the reflection on the right of the windows that face the west side and lake.

Kristen is making sure Bo doesn't do anything she doesn't approve of.

It's been fun guys. Hope you like the pictures. McT

Comments (24)