SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pieter_k

'Katherine Lewis' and 'Paradise Joyce'

I've had KL for since 2007 and ended up with a small PJ division last year. It wasn't until I saw a new shoot developing on PJ a few weeks ago that it dawned on me how similar it is to KL. Given they both are members of the 'Halcyon' family tree that is not surprising. Late July I had taken a number of KL divisions and made a mental note to self to grow PJ and a similar sized KL division side-by-side to watch them more closely for comparison purposes. Ahead of that happening I thought I'd take these two and have a look to see what sort of differences I could spot.

Here is 'Paradise Joyce' on the left and 'Katherine Lewis' on the right. I don't think we'll notice much difference at all next year when viewing these from above next year during the course of the growing season.

The difference between them would appear to be visible however on the lower portion of the petioles. KL shows a blush of maroon, PJ has none.

I'll try to remember to update this posting over the course of next year's growing season.

Pieter

Comments (8)