SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynne48

Zinnias, Zinnias, and More Zinnias!

susanlynne48
13 years ago

I am going to heavily plant Zinnias this year. They are a great annual, and they just keep going and going and going despire whatever gets thrown at them. They are great butterfly, hummingbird, and bee plants, too. But, like all things, some are better than others. I picked up some seeds of the Peppermint red/white zinnias last year because they were so pretty on the package! But, when they bloomed, they looked kind of like a dirty bloom, rather than a bright, pretty bloom, and the bees, butterflies, and hummers didn't particularly care for them either. I had other Zinnias growing, so some were good for the pollinators.

I saw a girl's garden patch of entirely red zinnias on the Butterfly Forum, though, and it was just literally covered with butterflies, lots of Swallowtails and Gulf Fritillaries. So, I want to plant a larger grouping this year.

I thought I would attach the Zinnias that Swallowtail (speaking of...) Garden Seed. They have a very nice selection, including lots of the Profusion series, Zahara, Dreamland, and I love those Scabiosa flowering zinnias.

Thought you might like to take a look, and drool over them, too, altho I know most of you are not particularly interested in flowers......maybe these will spike your interest. And, Zinnias are so easy to grow.

Susan

Here is a link that might be useful: Swallowtail Garden Seeds - Zinnias

Comments (11)