SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

Not replacing any of your hosta losses?

User
11 years ago

We speak of our wish lists, and give reports of our orders received with great hope and expectation.

What about the ones you ordered which do not turn out so good? The ones which flat-out died on you, or which disappoint you?

Are there any you will without remorse drop from your garden?

I have one which is struggling. It did not look too good when it arrived, only having 2 leaves with the proper variegation, the rest were green and remained that way. Now all the variegated melted away. That is Oze. Even though it is on the double bloomers list, I wasn't impressed with that plant. It won't be missed if it doesn't show up next spring.

Then I ordered a lot of the very small plain green lanceolate leaved hosta, and some of those are very sparse. I figure they were in small pots, and dried out quickly. I'm considering a move of them all into one larger flatter container, to let them run around all they please. If one or more falter, I'm sure the other runners will take his spot. Any losses there, unless it is nakaiana, will not be replaced. I will replace nakaiana, it is a good bloomer and fertile.

So. What say ye? Will you be cutting your losses?

Comments (29)