SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
markyd311

Tomato seedlings have brown spots.

markyd
13 years ago

This is my second year of gardening. I'm learning a lot. Last season I got lots of wonderful Habaneros. This year, I'm growing lots of tomatoes AND peppers.

A few varieties I have growing from Tatiana's:

-Black Cherry

-Santa

-Brandywine

-Sugar Baby Watermelons

And some varieties from PepperJoe's:

CHOCOLATE HABANERO

WHITE HABANERO

GOLDEN HABANERO PEPPER

GIANT JALAPENO

JALAPENO PEPPER-EARLY

SERRANO PEPPER

ROMA TOMATO

TAPS TOMATO

PUMPKIN HABANERO

KUNG PAO PEPPER

Ghost Pepper

============

So, Im seeing a problem with my tomato seedlings. I have them on a rack inside under two 24" T5 bulbs. They were planted in a good soilless seed starting medium by Nickel City. I have them growing under a 6" dome which is on top of a 72-cell seed starting tray. I don't have it vented currently, but it does have vents.

One more note: I've been keeping the lights on 24/7 to help keep the soil warm until all seeds are germinated. I've seen varying opinions on this, but I thought I'd give it a try (with plans to go to a 18/6 or 12/12 cycle later, once they're a tad bigger.)

My first thought is that they probably have too much moisture, meaning I should vent it. I take the sink sprayer and do a light spritzing every 3 days or so currently. Is that too much? I've never started from seed before, and I don't want to screw this up! Any advice is greatly appreciated. And the all-important pictures:

Comments (18)