SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alison_col

Mid-September -- what's blooming for you?

alison
18 years ago

I just came back from 10 bright sunny days in the Pacific Northwest -- to rain and grey skies in central Ohio! What's wrong with this picture?

But the plants seem to be enjoying it. I have another flush of bloom on my acidenthera and winter-hardy glads. The coreopsis, gaillardia and calendula are still blooming, altho' I decided to finally rip out the immortelle.

The autumn clematis was in full bloom when I left, so it's gone by the boards now, but the black-eyed susan vine is still going strong. Roses, red scabiosa and sweet sultan are all blooming, and the plumbago is to die for -- brilliant sapphire blue. It's tough to transplant, because it has very brittle stems, but I dug some up for a friend before I left, because it's just so darn pretty.

My fuchsia are still blooming, altho the look a bit puny compared to the fuchsia shrubs I saw in Washington state. But the scented geraniums have become absolutely enormous where I dug them into the garden. I don't know how I'm going to get these indoors this fall!

What's blooming for you?

My autumn clematis 'volunteer' mid-September...

{{gwi:1073545}}

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville