SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mctavish6

Mistakes...how long did it take you?

mctavish6
15 years ago

...to realize you had the wrong plant. I'm begining to wonder if I'm going to wake up one day and have only 5 varieties and the rest are mislabeled. I've been looking with a more critical eye since Ken pointed out that what I thought was Blue Shadows - wasn't. He was right, it was Paridigam. Maryanne then pointed out that what I had thought was Ventricosa Aureo also was not. Now I'm looking at everything. I was wondering about a Royal Standard I'd gotten last year. The leaves didn't look like my other Royal Standard but then it was pretty new. Yesterday I looked at the flowers on my Royal Standard and on Honeybells - this new one is definately Honeybells.

HONEYBELLS (sold as Royal Standard) 1 year

PARADIGAM (sold as Blue Shadows) 3 years

GOLD CROWN (sold as Ventricosa Aureo) -16 Years!

ISLAND CHARM (sold as Little Sunspot) 5 years

? - I call it Sky (sold as Abiqua Drinking Gourd ) 7 years

Replacement and the right ABIQUA DRINKING GOURD

This last one I feel pretty dim witted about. I kept waiting for it to cup. I moved it two or three times thinking the leaves would eventually widen. When I finally got the correct plant last year, the very first leaf was cupped. I looked up which big blues the nursery I ordered from carried that year and it must be either Bressingham Blue or Big Mamma. Any ideas???

Comments (16)