SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paul_in_mn

Flora and Fauna in my Gardens+ (Photo Heavy)

paul_in_mn
13 years ago

Had a quite a few visitors recently in my suburban gardens -

Most recent was a Monarch that couldn't get enough of the hanging basket on my deck.

{{gwi:1076837}}

Since this is the hosta forum - gotta mix a few in to stay legit - lol. I like the nice definition between margin and the center maple leaf pattern on Roy Klehm. Second year for this one - looks like it will be a nice clump very soon.

{{gwi:1076839}}

Walking through my porch last Tuesday and heard a thumping sound and spotted this unlikely bird. It had tried to fly to the light of the skylight and become trapped.

{{gwi:1076841}}

More required Hosta - One Man's Treasure - purchased during AHS convention. Pleased to see it thriving, especially in this heat.

{{gwi:1076843}}

Chipper has been my buddy of late - staying close and keeping an eye on me. A little wary of me, but not fearful. Comes up and sits on a rock about 3 feet from my dog who is safely confined on the deck.

{{gwi:1076844}}

Nice display of Cardinals this summer - usually nesting in my Blue Spruce - fun listening to the different calls. They give me a few chirps - but when the stray cats are around you can really notice the tempo pick up.

{{gwi:1076845}}

Always ready for a pic - Paradigm. Look forward to snapping many fall garden pics.

{{gwi:1076846}}

Took this pic with a long lens of these monster birds. They obviously had a successful hatch. Tried to sneak a bit closer and spooked off a parent that had been standing watch - Pileated Woodpeckers. Quite playful, sort of like pups as they fought with each other.

{{gwi:1076847}}

Moonlight- a new addition this summer. Nice line between margin and center of leaf developing (look at leaf at 7-8 o'clock position).

{{gwi:1014693}}

Took quite a few pics of this bee dancing for pollen. Liked the yellow and black similarity to flower.

{{gwi:1076848}}

Earth Angel catching some shade. So peaceful looking.

{{gwi:1076849}}

This is from about a month ago, had to run and get my camera - by the time I came back out they had moved 2 houses down - 4 turkeys(2 toms and 2 hens I think) came through-

{{gwi:1076850}}

I was going to put a plantiginea bloom as last pic (will be my first bloom), but it looks to be waiting one more day. So here's another fragrant hosta looking good - Fragrant Bouquet.

{{gwi:1076851}}

Thanks for taking time to look. Please add pics if you'd like to share.

Paul

Comments (9)