SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hey_j

In the spirit of the Olympics--a HOSTA view !!

Janice
15 years ago

Well, my mind couldn't quite get into the naming a hosta an 'Olympic' name, as I understood we are to do, in Paul's really neat-idea thread, but (big but)

how about a *reporting* of the Olympic events, in 'Hosta-ese':

Well we all know the competitors have a 'Great Desire' and 'Great Expectations' to win the 'Grand Prize', 'Olympic Gold' at it's best and no less than the 'Olympic Silver Medal'! From 'Childhood Fantasty' and 'Dreamweaver' their 'Beautiful Dreams' of the 'Fragrant Gold', have filled their 'Heart and Soul', and now they're 'All Jazzed Up', having lived for this 'Ticker-Tape' day!

How 'Glorious' are those 'On Parade' as they 'Promenade', with all the

'Festival'of 'Dazzling' 'Glitter' and 'Carnival' air, many of them 'On the Edge' of 'Victory' with 'Goosebumps' can taste the 'Glory' even at the start of the grand 'Gala'!! Even those who don't make the 'Gold Glory' will consider their 'Honorable Mention' their 'One Man's Treasure' and in their hearts they are 'Green With Envy' at those who have made the 'Grand Slam'!

No 'Dream Queen' or those who 'Do Little' will ever experience the 'Olympic Magic'. Only the ones most prepared, with 'Vim and Vigor, and a 'Lust of Life' will prove themselves 'Exceptional', having 'The Leading Edge' and it is soon evident that they are the 'Dauntless' ones, having 'The Right Stuff', receiving 'Thumbs up' from the fans, being on 'Cloud Nine' and at the 'Winning Edge', 'Center of Attention'!

Even, you, in TV land, will 'Clap Your Hands', in an 'Avalanche' of praise, of 'Classic Delight' over the 'Goliath' struggles to win the gold! What a 'Colossal' and time-tested games they always prove to be for the world to see. 'Chances Are' a new 'American Icon' (we 'Hope' )will come out of it all--a 'Great American Expectations', a 'Celebrity', a grand 'Champion', on 'Center Stage' representing our great nation, 'Old Glory' at her finest--the answer to 'American Prayers'! No 'Chinese Dragon' will take the 'Majestic Glow' of the 'Grand Prize' from the winners of that day--these 'Champion's on the 'Cutting Edge' of their 'Great Performance'!

The events will dominate our TV viewing, as we are fixed in 'Fascination', 'Bedazzled' from 'Morning Light', the 'Daybreak' of a 'Chinese Sunrise', through the 'Afternoon Delight' to 'Eventide' under our 'August Moon' at 'Day's End', all the way through to the 'climax' of the 'Grand Finale' when it is finally at it's 'Great Arrival'! The 'Titantic' effort of all involved, 'Flashback' 'Memories' of an 'Unforgettable' 'Eric's Dream' the 'Finish Line' of 'Chariots of Fire' will once again be 'A Many Splendored Thing' for all to 'Cherish', anew!

This Hey_j reporting for the Gardenweb news!!

I know--I need to 'get a life' but I'm really tired today and my mind is free-wheeling--I really should be out doing SOMETHING in the garden--it is GORGEOUS and I do have several hosta to put in larger pots or in the ground!!

But, and, SO--how do you see 'the day' of the Olympics, from your *garden-view*? :o)

Comments (7)