SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellen_portland

Please help: need baby steps fix to uneven ground due to moles

ellen_portland
15 years ago

Hi everyone,

I've posted before, but am getting a little desparate, due to the fact that our almost 3,000 square foot backyard has gotten much worse with ground settling over the various old mole tunnels. It is a bit hard packed and covered with old grass.

Before we bought the house it had continuing problems with moles. My husband has brought the "visitors" under control with vigilence(sp)but the backyard is now somewhat dangerous to just walk around in at times from being uneven. I've almost twisted an ankle a few times.

Money is pretty tight, especially with the economy. We don't have the savings to pay for an overhaul, especially when we want to make sure we have something in reserve in case the house itself needs a major repair.

We have a nine year old son and an almost two year old Golden Retriever who enjoy the yard and I am concerned about the risks of them or visitors running around as you can understand.

Can anyone suggest low cost ways to fix this problem? I don't know if they exist! I can get a tiller and spread dirt on my own, but the dog uses the yard regularly. I will have to do it in pieces.

Comments (6)