SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonechickchris

My Lemon Tree Needs a Good Home

bonechickchris
15 years ago

I recently posted this on the citrus forum, but I guess there are not enough people from my area to respond. SO I thought i would post it here too.

I am a GW member for a few years now.

I have a lemon tree that I have had for 10 years now. It was started by seed probably 3,4,or 5 years prior to me recieving it. I got my lemon tree from a dear friend. His father had brought over a lemon tree from Italy when he migrated to America, about 80 years ago. My tree is a baby of that lemon tree.

My friend's tree would grow the biggest lemons I had even seen! AS big as a grapefruit!

My tree has bloomed for about 5 years now. But here is the thing. I moved last year to a new home. I have a nice Florida room, but it faces SW and does not get much sun until late afternoon. This was not enough sun for my tree and it lost all of its leaves over the winter and I thought it was done for.

When spring came, I brought it outside and tried to nurse it back to health the best I could. And now it has reguvinated itself, and has tons of new leaves and shoots. It has no blooms on it as of yet because it had to regrow all its leaves again, but will have blooms on it soon I believe.

The tree with pot is large, including base of pot, it is about 4-5 feet tall. It is in like a 20 inch pot now and very heavy. It does need a new pot, for the one it is in now is cracked but I did not want to replace it if it was to be moved again.

Because of the poor light, I have not been able to properly grow lemons on it, but I am sure it will thrive in the right conditions. This now leads to the point of this post.

I have realized because I love this tree so much, it would not be right to keep it and let it go through another bad winter here without proper light and loose its leaves again.

So I have decided that in the best interest of my dear tree, I should try to find someone to adopt my tree so it can grow propery and thrive.

Like I said, I have had this tree for over 10 years, and I really hate to let it go, but would rather do so in order for it to stay alive.

if anyone out there is serious enough to want to adopt my tree, please email me at bonechickchris@aol.com

I do not know how many people in my area frequent this forum, but if anyone knows of maybe a place that is citrus friendly and would like to adopt my tree, please let me know.

I really want someone who knows citrus and has grown citrus and knows how to grow them in the winter up north here.

Thank you for reading this. I aprreciate your time very much.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert