SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisiesfornick

Can I can any ID on these Wildflowers?

daisiesfornick
17 years ago

Hi, I'm Susan and I live in zone 6 MA)I had my perrenial garden stolen a few years ago and have not had the money to even start replacing it. The only things I saved from the thief are Sedum Autmn Joy (really easy to propagte) one orange lilly, a little bit of ribbon grass and a little bit of Dragons blood sedum. So I am in need of some plants and was hoping to get some wild ones.

They are in a little field and wooded area up the street.My Dh walks the dog 2-3 times a day and lets me know when he see's something different that has blossomed.

There is an orange lilly that I see scattered, "reseeded" all over town as well as in the field.Anyone know the name and how I could transplant a few to my yard? Are they bulbs?

Is this queen ann's lace? Again, can I transplant? When? or how to grow by seed?

This purple flower also comes in yellow but those are smaller. I am pretty sure they are a wild form of a plant that people up here grow as annuals, I just can't remember the name. I know it is common, but I have never grown them in my gardens..so

There is also a plant that is not a vine, stands straight up unless messed with that has little purple flowers in the day and they close up or die in the afternoon. I don't have a pic. Could it be some sort of morning glory?

One more question, the field also seams to have what I have come to know as Jerusalem Sunflower or Jerusalem Artichoke. It looks like tall with small sunflowers.

I use to have some and for some reason I think I remember they are tubars (sp) and did flower only in late summer.I did a search of this whole website and could not come up with one link to either of the above names.

Any help on these would be grealty appreciated,

Thanks, Susan

Comments (4)

Sponsored