SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hellena_gw

Problems with BIG slugs and also snails

hellena
17 years ago

Hello, this is my first time on this forum. I am sorry if my English is not perfect. I live in the Czech Republic (which is Central Europe, in fact). My problem is,that every year, we have big problem in garden at our cottage. We like to grow some vegetables (and also we have flowers), but we have trrible time with big slugs, that come into garden like from everywhere. These slugs are sometimes 14 cm long and they have different colours, some brown, some orange, but biggest slugs are black with yellow marks. They are horrible things.

We do not like to use and chemicals in garden, so when I see these slugs, I step on them. But is this okay? I mean, I worry if it is cruel? And also we have same situation with snails. They are big like golf ball and they like to eat EVERYthing, I think!

Now of course, winter is coming soon and season is over. We have only few slugs and snails. But we want to be ready, for next year!

I ask, please for your opinions and advices? I want to do things, the best way. (PS I am 22 and I study "International Relations" in University. I am writing, because my Mum does not know how to use internet so well.)

Thank you,

Hellena

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions