SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prchesky

Rose Bush Newbie here.

prchesky
15 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I am a total newb when it comes to rose bushes. I've tried to look up the information without any direct feedback for what I am looking for.

So instead of trying to weed through all the older posts I figured I would just ask the questions here. I do not remember the name of the rose bushes I have, but maybe a general feedback will help.

1. I was told I should prune below the rose flower after it has fully bloomed, so that it will encourage more growth, is this true?

2. One one bush it's growing very long and starting to lean. Would it hurt the growth if I cut it down closer to the roots, would this encourage stronger and thicker branches?

3. Should I losen the soil around the rose bush every week? and If I do this won't it hurt the roots?

4. Also, some of the leaves are turning yellow, which also looks like they have small holes in them. Now I know this is being caused by some bugs, but I was told it might also be a disease of some kind. What should I do?

Well, sorry for the lengthy long first post. I will try to keep it to a min of a 1000 words or less next time.

Thanks in advance to all the feedback.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath
More Discussions