SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenny1220_gw

I Hate Queen Anne's Lace

jenny1220
17 years ago

I did a search here for QAL, and was shocked to read how many people are purposely planting this WEED.

I have it everywhere. It is my nemesis, my arch enemy,the bane of my gardening existance. It spreads like wild fire and is impossible to contain.

I've even considered completely bulldozing my garden and starting over - except that I've no doubt if I did that, the only survivor would be Queen Anne's Lace. It's specialty is survival and it's highly adept at growing so close to desired plants that pulling it out would also pull them up. It grows up in the middle of my rose bushes, where I can't reach it for the thorns.

I don't care if butterflies and bees love it. I hate it.

Taproots 12 inches long....I've landed on my rear end more times than I can count when trying to pull this stuff up. As if having an undesired, proliferant weed isn't bad enough, I am highly allergic to it. If I get it on my skin, I break out in a horrible red rash, the itchiness of which rivals the strongest poison oak. The rash lasts for about two weeks and leaves my skin discolored for weeks.

I just wanted to vent - after spending an afternoon battling this stuff!!!

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022