SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thisismelissa

This year's panoramic pic(s) (photo heavy)

thisismelissa
13 years ago

Well, most of you know I try to post a few pics each year of how my garden has progressed. I just finished working on the panoramic shots ... I got a new program that makes better pans than what I was using before. I live in a 2-story with a walkout basement. Some of these pics are taken from my deck (main level, but 2nd story looking from the back) and some are from our 2nd floor (which is actually the 3rd story, when looking at the back of the house). If the sizes are screwed up, please accept my apologies.

Before my garden was started. This pic was taken Feb/March 2007:

I started working on the garden in May 2007. This pic is from July 2007:

At the end of 2007, I joined the two corner gardens in the middle (close ups below). This pic is from 2008

In 2009, we widened a few spots:

This year, 2010, The main garden didn't experience any changes in its shape, but I did do a fair amount of moving around. Plus, the new garden was added closer to the house (see lower left, by deck)

+-+-+-+-+-+-+--+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+--+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+--+-+-+-+-+-

In past posts, people have commented something like, "it'll be interesting to see how the garden fills in. So, I went back and found pics of the same section of the garden.

When I started my gardens in 2007, I started on the left side, worked into the back left corner and came about 1/3 of the way across the back. I also started in the right corner (with a sun garden).. sorry, no pics... Suffice it to say, it was thin and ugly grass. The first year, I didn't really try to design anything, I just needed the plants put into the ground.

In 2008, I pulled out all the plants, including the TINY TC's from Hostas Direct (lesson learned) and started designing. May 2008-The chicken wire is for wabbit protection.

June:

In 2009,the bed was widened a bit:

In 2010, I started planting the 'front row' with some smaller varieties. As you can see here, a lot of the hostas really started to LEAP!:

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz