SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmaki

Minnesota Hosta Society Garden Tour

Teresa_MN
16 years ago

We lucked out with the most beautiful day for the tour of 4 gardens in the Highland Park area of St. Paul.

All of the gardens had hosta, but the emphasis of all four was more on hardscape, and a multitude of shrubs, conifer, trees and flowers mixed in. A real treat because after the national convention I was about hosta'd out - if you can imagine that.

Connie (flowersformez4) came up from Illinois with her sister Rita. And Debbie (applebrowndebbie) came south from Little Falls, MN. One of the gardener's

On Sunday, I took Connie and Rita to Hideko's garden and then to Venero's a nursery about 2 miles from Hideko's.

Debbie and Rita bought quite a few things and I got my first small conifer along with 4 other things. Don't have pics of the plants to post but here are a couple of pics from the tour. I only had so much time at lunch to upload and post photos. I hope Lisa Putnam can post some of her photos, and perhaps Connie can when she returns to Illinois tomorrow!

A baby bunny helps itself to flowers in the garden of Marge Hols, Master Gardener and local garden columnist for the Pioneer Press newspaper.

Wonderful boulder, shrub and tree area along the boulevard overlooking the Mississippi River at the Kreisel home.

An herb and flower garden at Marge Hols.

What is this lovely flower I saw in the garden of Lee Shannon???

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting