SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jrslick

It's almost October, what are you still selling?

It's October and the days are getting shorter. What are you still selling or are you going to be selling.

I still have tomatoes, cherry tomatoes(last week for both tore them out to make space for winter harvest crops), bell peppers, okra, Haikuri turnips, Carrots, Radishes, Bok Choy, Hot Peppers, Green Beans, and Lemon Cucumbers. I will be selling Arugula, Tatsoi, Swiss Chard, Broccoli, Cauliflower, spinach, Lettuce, Kale, Napa Cabbage, Beets, and Green Onions, through our online market some are almost ready, some will be awhil.

Of course I still have my 17 varieties of jams and jellies to sell. These fill out my tables very nicely. There are lots of colors.

I lost my winter squash. I don't grow pumpkins. There are 3 pumpkin farms within 30 minutes of my house. They flood the market and a pumpkin is worthless after October 31st in our neck of the woods.

Our markets go until October 30th. However, I am extending my season with my online market on locallygrown.net. I have 20 people who will place weekly orders. I will keep this going until the first few weeks of December, I hope. All these cold tolerant crops are being grown in my high tunnels or under low tunnels outside.

What about you?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH