SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Help me understand this....

2ajsmama
9 years ago

My best days are market are usually $50 days which really isn't worth it, with $20 fee. Last week I sold all veggies (I was short 1 jar of jam which I don't remember selling and $ didn't add up, someone was looking at it and asking questions but then I had another customer who needed tomatoes weighed and I don't know, maybe they walked off with the jar).

This weekend we had Open Farm Day and I was at someone else's farm (a different one from last year), and yes it was 9-5pm instead of 3-6pm, on weekend instead of weeknight, but other farms were open too, at least 2 others with vegetables and 2 more with preserves but I did $100 day (same as last year, I think actually $15 less than last year).

Is it b/c it was a weekend? A festival atmosphere? The longer hours? B/c there was competition though it wasn't right on-site, people were encouraged to make the rounds of all the farms to earn a "passport" prize. One lady bought 4 jars of jams!

I haven't had ANYONE come down to the farmstand at the house - I wish I could have had the tour at my place but parking is bad, long driveway. I did hand out lots of business cards with map on the back and reminder to find us o Facebook on the front. It hasn't helped we're 1/2 mile off the main road - and my cousin who has frontage on the main road, the house and barn, has set up a table at the end of the driveway selling squash and veggies for 25 cents a piece. But that's another post.

I'm wondering if I have to find a weekend market, even if it's farther away? I've been trying fo years to get into a Sunday monring one nearby but it's very small and isn't taking new vendors.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting