SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
burunx

Complete newbie here need info on morning glor&veges

15 years ago

Hello,

I live in St. Paul (55102) and have a sunny small yard. When I moved in last July there were morning glories growing. In the fall I picked some of the seeds off and put them away; now what? Should I put them in the ground or start them inside...and when can they go outside? Also, should I have left all the dried vines and seeds on the fence to drop on their own?

Second question: I have a HORRIBLE yard...it is filled with very little dirt and mostly GRAVEL; the person who lived here before wanted to park his car in the yard so he put in gravel that is about 1/2 inch in diameter or so. I would love to plant some vegies but what do I do??? I have 2 raised boxes (70x30inches). Can I put soil in them and plant or should I dig up all the gravel and put soil down? How do I know what kind of soil to use?

Sorry for all the questions but like I said I am 100% new to planting outside as this is the first time I have ever had a yard. Is there a good website where I can go to find lots of general info?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored