SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenthumbz4mn

Off Topic: Beware the wildlife in your yard.

greenthumbz4mn
13 years ago

I have an average city lot a bit more secluded and woody than most and have lived here for 42 years. Over the years, I have lived with every critter normal to this area and never worried about it. However, last Monday I decided to clear out the equipment behind my shed which included shelving full of pots. As I was reaching for a stack, something told me to stop and look. Two feet from my face were two steely eyes staring me down--plus my hand was 6" from this raccoon. A raccoon can run 15 miles an hour, so I must indeed be able to run faster than that!!!! Since this was way too close for comfort, I had the Critter catcher come, and he informed me that there was a family of coons living under my shed. So I have been literally crossing paths with these animals all summer, and figure I am the luckiest person still in one piece since I had had that coon cornered royally. And how many other times had she been that close to me without me being aware. I'm now leery about going into my yard until I know she's gone--and I will be evermore aware and alert for these visitors (or squatters in this case). Mary

Comments (19)