SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rwood24_gw

Growing jap maples indoor. It's possible!

rwood24
13 years ago

Okay I just wanted to start this thread cause all of those people out there who say it's not possible. They are wrong and obviously doing something wrong!! Nothing is impossible has been my theory on this the past 2 years. I Have got 5 maples 3 growing bonsai indoors under fluros with a large window for extra light! It's perfect. I make sure to keep humidity no lower then 50 I grow orchids too so that's already a need. I grow the Pygmy, filgree, tam, in a large teranium with peebles. Just because it was going unused for so long. I use a 4 foot t8 fixture cool white lights. Placed 4-6 inches above I have a 2 t5 vertical to catch the sides. I open windows at night 9pm - 9am. I've noticed the pinks and purples really show in the trees indoors much more then my outdoor trees. So I just don't want to hear it can't be done or if so it cost thousands of dollars. I've done this 2 years and they have near doubled the branching is crazy! So please if y'all have these materials that are very cost efficent give it a try it's really fun and adds some great color to your home.

Just remeber that saying back in junior high "anything is possible if you put your mind to it". I was so sick of people telling me this can't be done back in 07. So I gave it a try in 08 with my first two they are still alive the filgree and pygmy. I'm

just writing this to kinda say screw you to all you people on this and other threads who told me it wasn't possible. I hope one of them sees this. To all you who are reading bout it a first time please try what I said. Use a cheaper variety if you are worried but I feel filgree and Pygmy also purple ghost really thrive indoors under my care! Thanks for reading. I can't post pics I'm on my phone but I'll gladly email pics of my maples if any of y'all would like to see!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio