SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
just1morehosta

Mini Garden Tour

just1morehosta
14 years ago

Hi every one,

Well, I was on the mini garden tour,and let me tell you, what a treat!

First off we went to Connie's in Freeport,she has a Beeeeeaaaautifuuuuuuuuulllllll,garden,so much more than what she postes pictures of.

Her statues are to die for,she has the four seasons,and the neatest little pedestals that they set on.

An herb garden, and a flower bed,along with all her many hosta, that are landscaped all around her property.

A very nice water feature,and a balcony you would all just love to have your morning and evening sipping beverage on.

Connie and i have been wanting to meet for a couple of years now, and we finally did,she organized this tour,and did a great job.(SHE HAS NO WEEDS IN HER BEDS EITHER)gurrrr

All her hosta are arranged very pretty, and complement one another.

Next we were off to Phils garden (hostapumpkinman) in Rockford.

OMGosh,talk about a beautiful garden,this one is it!He has a lot of hosta i have never seen before,not a slug hole in any of them,landscaped like a professional,rolling beds,full of gorgeous hosta,you would want each and every one he has.He also has a hidden talent,he hand carves Totem Poles,and are they ever neet.

Now we are off to Carole's(westy)garden.I know, how can i keep saying each one is prettier than the last,but it is true,every one has their own way of displaying their hosta,and you would NOT be disappointed with Carol's beds.

She has a small yard, but one of the prettiest i have ever seen.

Huge specimens of hydrangea, that were in bloom,(mine never bloom),and you should see her Hosta ventricosa 'Auremarginata',this was a first for me, i have never seen this hosta,Phil and i were sure it was Sagae,but she proved us wrong, what a huge spaceman,i wish you all could see it.My camera was not working right,so i did not get a picture, i hope some one there did,and will post it for all to see.

Carole has a artistic side to her, so all her hosta are arranged artistic,each color complements one another,she has some nice rocks added along here and there,for contrast,a lovely courtyard,and her hosta are on a hill(mound ? )so you can see each one,from back to front.I can not say enough about her garden you must see it.

Oh,and she also has a hidden talent,Carole does Botanical Drawings,so beautiful, you would swear that were prints,she did one of a cluster of hosta flowers,BEAUTIFUL!

We had a long day,but it was so much fun,this is a wonderful group of people,all so humble,funny,and so much fun to spend the day with.

And i might add, no one had weeds!

My house is next on the list,i can not even come close to what i was invited to see, but,i am pulling weeds like a crazed person, i have not gone to sleep since we left, ha ha,oh, Carole has a little plaque in her kitchen it reads something like"I live in my garden,and only sleep in my house"and it shows that is true for her.

Thank you Connie,Phil,and Carole,for sharing your beautiful Hosta Gardens,it was a great way to spend the day.

cAROL

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH