SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rocky110501

maple species - japonicum and others

rocky110501
18 years ago

Hi all - I'm thinking of ordering some trees and wanted to see what you thought of these....A.J.Meigetsu, A. j.f .Aconitifolium, A. shirasawanum 'Palmatifolium', and Acer pseudosieboldianum. I am in zone 5 and for the most part these trees (any of them) would get mostly full sun...maybe a little part sun....they will be in pretty sheltered area. One of the trees (pseudosieboldianum) is more hardy to zone 3 so i was thinking of putting further out in the exposed area of my yard. I have many acer palmatums...tamukeyama, shishigashira, suminigashi, butterfly, seiryu, orido nishiki, hogyoku, osakazuki, sango kaku, viridis, red dragon, inaba shidare and bloodgood...now i wanted to try something with a bigger lobed green leaf for something different. Are the first trees i listed above good choices for me in you opinion? Do you like any of those better than the other four i had listed? The closest palmatums to those new ones I'm thinking of getting would be the tamuke, shishi, butterfly and seiryu. So I was thinking a broader leaf would be good contrast. Height and width isn't the biggest deal with these b/c the area i have them in is fairly liberal - spacewise. Thanks for any advice in advance. If anyone has pics, I'd love to see.

Comments (27)