SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ermentrude

Planning For Over Wintering JM In Condo

trudii
16 years ago

This year I've collected several dwarf JM 1 Yr grafts. Assuming they make it to the fall I need to figure out how to get them from November to April without dying.

The leading recommendations I've read here have been to bury in the ground or put in an unheated garage - I do not have access to either.

I do have a large storage unit which is essentially an unheated basement. That being said, there are condos on both sides of the storage room so I do not know how low the temperature actually gets. My storage space has plenty of room but does not have access to the windows / light.

I've also considered coming up with some sort of storage option so that they can stay on the porch. 1) Place a few pots in large rubbermade storage boxes and insulate heavily. 2) Create / buy a small collapsible greenhouse.

I'm hoping someone here can offer advice / guidance on what has the best chance of working. Whatever the solution, I'm sure I'll need time to fuss about it which is why I'm asking in the beginning of summer :-).

Comments (6)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio