SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
idiothe

Ever just pop one into a space...

14 years ago

and just kind of forget about it?

Several years back I was redoing a couple of beds behind our "coffee deck." I had three of each kind of hosta and just couldn't afford the space anymore. I cleared some out and divided them for sale.

In late summer I found I had a few hostas with no particular place to plant them. Two of them just got popped in along the path behind the deck. I was going to move them again... but good intentions...

anyway, I didn't even have them labeled. This year I found that the path back into the are farther back is completely covered by a six foot mound of hosta - maybe my biggest - and realized I didn't even know what it is!

I knew the one to the left is Earth Angel, but had to check my map to find that the giant in the center is Satisfaction.

I thought long and hard about moving it to clear off the pathway - but have decided it is easier to move the paving stones that to do any violence to this magnificent clump!

photo taken 7/23/09 - as promised by its originator, in deep shade, the bright yellow margin has held its color

Comments (16)