SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prairie_love

What's wrong with my Sagae?

prairie_love
11 years ago

I have tried to learn about HVX, and I have followed several threads about frost damage and nematode damage and various other maladies that afflict hosta. So please forgive me for asking the question you are asked every other day (if not more) .... is this HVX? It is so hard to tell from the photos in the sources, I think this is something one needs to see before they really comprehend the symptoms.

Anyway, this is Sagae. I posted about this one a couple of weeks ago. Sagae and two others were slow starters this spring and I was concerned (the other two were Liberty and Guardian Angel -both of them are looking way better although neither is really stellar). Sagae has continued to falter and in fact look worse.

This plant came from my local nursery (who i trusted until today based on the other thread I posted). It was planted last fall from a potted plant, much larger at the time than it is now but I don't believe I have a photo. It is in a quite shaded location between a row of spruce trees and a row of cottonwoods, it has been pampered since it was planted.

I realize there is some slug/cutworm damage, but think more is going on than that?

Back side of the leaf

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Comments (8)