SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
little_minnie

drip irrigation

little_minnie
11 years ago

For my half acre garden I have drip tape irrigation. I have assumed with some tweaking to refine things from last year that it will work great this year. Do you think drip tape is the way to go?

I think last year I tried to water too much at one time. I am dividing the field into 3 zones this year to water one at a time. Do you think 1/2 inch tubing is good enough to stick the tape barbs into? Should I have gotten 3/4 inch tubing to deliver more flow?

{{gwi:324858}}
This shows the zones of my garden (pink, green and gold), where the tubing currently is (brown line) and where I would like to add shut offs to be able to water one area at a time (where it says valves).
The beds have 2-4 tapes depending on what crop it is. When the crop is done I put in plugs. I am getting the higher grade tape for going under plastic mulch and using the existing 8 mil tape for beds without plastic mulch. The beds are 48 feet long except for the long zone across the top and the zone to the far right. The top zone is 170 feet and the far right (winter squash) is 100 feet.
What do you think?

Comments (12)

Sponsored